Saturday 16 March 2013

A day trip to Watford

Had to go and see Costco, so an early (7am) train from Darlo. I'm in Denham on Monday so a large number of tickets collected together as shown on the picture!
As usual the train south was nowhere near loaded, and the early start allows for Breakfast on expenses, so a Sausage and Egg Panini on the train went down well.
On arrival I had enough time for a few photos on Euston Road on the walk to pick up the Watford train. On the return to Euston I passed on the first two trains to get one routed on the Fast (a wait of 15 mins!) - all were 350/1s, but the UF route meant we hit 110mph, a new pantograph mod on the fleet allowing the 10mph increase.
On the way back, into St Pancras for shots of the station statues before my usual Subway from next door to my old bedsit.
The 14:00 Aberdeen on a Friday was always likely to be busy, so I found the train on P5 and looked for unreserved seats - and found just half a dozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment